Monday, March 06, 2006

View From The Right

George Will made an interesting comment in his column yesterday. In reference to poverty in America, he said that liberal government tends to think that "poor people are like everyone else; they just lack goods and services (housing, transportation, training, etc.) that government knows how to deliver."

Hey, I'm all for helping people out when they need it. But for the life of me, I cannot believe for one second that the homeless drunk sitting on the corner of Powell and Market is just like me. I don't believe for one second that with a little help (and creativie thinking by the Board of Supervisors!), that guy is going to become a productive member of society. For more information about why that guy on Bush & Market ended up the way he did, read Will's column.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home